Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I wonder if the apostles thought Jesus was funny.

Seriously folks. I wonder if, after time and time again, Jesus said,"I told you so." the disciples laughed, or if they got irritated with Him. I don't mean to sound in the least bit sacrilegious or anything. I just know that Jesus was a human being and I know that every human being has a sense of humor. Was He funny "Ha Ha" or "Aw, man!" or "I almost peed my pants" funny. I wonder if He played any miraculous practical jokes. I can see it now. Simon Peter yelling, "OKAY, WHO PUT MY SANDALS IN THE TREE?" I mean, you would automatically know who it was, but would you really want to catch yourself saying, "I'll get you back for this Jesus!"?
The reason for my curiosity in the sense of humor of the Almighty is this:
Through the loss of our jobs 8 years ago, we sold our home, moved into my childhood home and began going to church with my parents at CH. Through the loss of a job in Colorado my friend Jessica moved here and started going to church with HER parents at CH. Through Jessica I'm hired for my dream job (though not dream hours). We discover through OUT OF TOWN relatives there is a local lady looking for a family to adopt her grandson. We discover this Local Lady actually works in the SAME BUILDING I work in. We get to know each other and we are now in the process of adopting her...and her grandson.
So I have the dream job, dream family and then I find that I'm torn between this dream job and spending more time with my family. It was becoming more and more stressful to juggle the demands of three kids, Girl Scouts and Kung Fu with a 9-6 work schedule. EEWWW! So, what do I do? I tell God that I want to have my cake and eat it too. This is the really funny part. He gives it to me.
He has blessed me with an economic crisis. Oh yes. A blessing. I know, I know, many people are out of work and are truly suffering in the U.S. I'm not down-playing the sadness of their situations.
I was just called into the bosses office today and asked if it would be possible for me to cut down to a 32 hour work week, working 9-2:30. WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING? YOU MEAN I WOULDN'T HAVE TO FIND DAY CARE FOR TWO OF MY KIDS? You mean you would like to provide me with daily social interaction with adults, health insurance and a really good ice machine? You mean I would be able to greet my children at the door every day and be able to help them with homework and get a REAL dinner on the table before 7? Hmmmmmm......All this for a low, low price of 32 hours a week. What should I say? Can I phone a friend?
This is totally awesome. I actually shed tears in this little meeting with my boss. They were happy tears of course. Talk about answered prayers. I've been able to see the "God-incidence" in many, many situations in my life but never this specific.
We've been so anxious to have the adoption finalized before now and it was like God was saying, "Would you simmer down so things will fall into place EXACTLY how you would like them to?".
I will leave you with a quote from the lyrics of a children's Bible song.

"My God is so BIG
So strong and so MIGHTY.
There's NOTHING my God cannot do."

No comments: